Monday, September 14, 2009

Wool Felt Magnets


All Pammy Dawn creations are now available as magnets! I'm always on the lookout for new venues for my designs, so I was thrilled this last week when a customer requested my
Fall Oak set be made into magnets.

I was interested to see how a magnet would work in my designs because I'm opposed to using glue on my felt creations. Everything is hand-stitched so I didn't want to glue a magnet to the back of them. I discovered that I could encase the magnet with a web of stitching WITHIN the felt body and the magnets still performed magnificently.

I chose large button magnets for their strength. The best part of not gluing the magnets to the back is that they will last much longer. Glue tends to lose strength after a while and peel off, causing the magnet to become a choking hazard. With the magnet enclosed within the felt, there is much less danger, and no harmful glue chemicals. I'm very excited to see how this avenue fares in the online market.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Love this idea. How fun! I have my oldest daughter learning to make fabric flowers, so I know she will love this too. She is really wanting to make Christmas gifts this year. This would be perfect.