Monday, August 17, 2009

American Girl Doll Slippers


Julia loves her new American Girl doll, "Ruthie," recently acquired for her birthday, and her grandma and I have been making clothes and accessories for her. The cute green plaid flannel jammies were made by Grandma, and I thought Ruthie needed some fuzzy little slippers to wear to bed.


I used my baby shoe pattern that I previously posted about, and shrunk it on the scanner. I left the back part of the pattern off and curved the top down to meet the sole. I cut another strip of wool felt to make the back strap and needle-felted natural wool roving for the fluffy trim and in the footbed to make them nice and cushy.

If only I could make them in my size - they look comfortable!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those are adorable! Great job!