Friday, April 3, 2009

Mother's Day Gift Guide - For the No-Frills Mommy

As spring is underway, Mother's Day approaches.  Every mother is unique, so why shouldn't her gift also be?  I've put together a list of handmade items I myself would LOVE to receive for Mother's Day... (ahem, honey?  Take note....)  No budget busters here - I'm keeping my list to $30 and under.

Who can resist a massage?  Uninterrupted of course, complete with candles.... soft music.... what?  Oh yeah - gift guides - I'll remove myself from my mini-fantasy.  This gift certainly does NOT break the bank, but does require a little something extra - someone else's hands that is.



I must admit that I am a sucker for anything this particular shade of green, and this has just the right amount of funky.



A minimalist at heart, I tend toward very understated jewelry.  My favorites tend to be small silver pendant necklaces and dainty drop earrings.  I love the sweet delicacy of this necklace by CopperFrogStudio.  I also ADORE the slightly larger version of this design (however, I promised $30 budget limit, so we'll stick with the mini).



In a similar theme as the Poppy Drop Necklace, these understated earwires are simple, yet stunning.




The geek in me thinks this is just the coolest thing - how fun to display this at a small gathering.  Perfect for moms that need a little vino wind-down at the end of the day (and who hasn't been there before??).




Waking up in the morning can be difficult, especially if you've spent half the night answering "Mommmmmmy!"  summons.  Scrub awake with yummy lemon - sure to invigorate and liven the senses.




1 comment:

Smile Moon Woodworks said...

Thank you so much for including my Balancing Wine Bottle Holder among your Mother's Day gift ideas! What a great collection this is, too. I hope your husband's paying attention...