Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Recycled or Repurposed?

My newest creations were inspired by my husband!  I received a cute English tea towel souvenir of Cape Cornwall from a colleague, and while I thought it was bright and cheerful, I had no idea what I was going to do with it.  When my husband got home, I showed it to him, and he said, "Oh, you should turn that into clippies!"  At once I envisioned cute fabric covered buttons from the scenes on the towel.

The towel is brand new 100% cotton, but I'm not sure how I would label these clips - is it repurposed fabric since the intended purpose was a tea towel (what IS a tea towel???), or is it recycled, since I've taken something and used it in a new creation...

Either way, I think they turned out seriously cute, and I'm going to use more of the towel in future creations.  Perhaps I'll layer some of the fabric with some coordinating wool felt in the future..... hmmmmm.



No comments: